[PC Game] Halforums House: Sunshine Lollipops and Rainbows

The Sims are all collected and ready to move in!

Meet:

Gusto Miller Gusto

Jay Sirius Jay

Holly Sinlittle LittleSin

Chris Kills CynicismKills

Sammi Smack-Daniels HowDroll

Nick Guy ThatNickGuy

Kags Sinlittle LittleKagsin

and Lee Bowie Bowielee

*please note that I did the best I can with the character builder. Proportions can be really weird to manage. If you want anything editted within reason, send me a PM*

Screenshots of the house to come!

D'aww, she's adorable!! (Is it okay for me to say my sim is adorable?) And I'm kind of, pretty much, beyond excited that Sin and I are sisters.

This is going to be good.

Welcome to the Halforums Mansion!

This edition of Halforums House takes place in Starlight Shores, the Sims 3: Showtime town modelled after Los Angeles. As such, we get the ballin' modern mansion on the ocean cliff:

1. Chris' room.
2. Lee's room.
3. Nick's room.
4. Sammi's room.
5. Jay's room.
6. Excellent open-concept kitchen/dining/living area.
7. Stairs down to the garage/basement, currently containing 3 washer-dryer sets and 8 empty parking spaces.
8. Outdoor pool and steps up to second floor rooftop.

9. Rooftop kitchenette with barbecue, bar, karaoke machine and firepit.
10. Billiards, chess and television overlooking the first floor.

11. ANOTHER rooftop, this one currently holding a dominos table and two lounge chairs.
12. Holly's room.
13. Kags' room.
14. Gusto's room.
16. Art studio.

Everything has it's own sort of internal logic. Nick and Chris have rooms near the exercise equipment and pool since their professions will require the most working out. Sammi's room is on the main floor for the same reason. Jay's room has easy access to the kitchen since he'll likely be cooking 90% of the time. EVERYONE on the main floor has a lifetime goal that means they're going to work most days, and walking from the top floor to the front door could take like two hours. These workhands need faster access to their places of business than that. Lee, who will have 4 jobs eventually, is closest to the door. Everyone upstairs has SOME interest in the upstairs art studio, and has the ability has artists/writers to work from home.

This is one of the greatest things ever. Oh! I'm so excited!!

But watch out Gusto - SimKags is a hopeless romantic...and a klepto...

By the way, if there's anything personal you'd like me to put in your room, let me know, and maybe I can find something to fit. :) This is OUR house and I'm definitely open to suggestions for new toys or decor. :)

Everyone's first goal upon loading was to find a job or learn a skill, except for LittleSin 's, who immediately wanted a motorcycle. So I take Sim tastes into account too. ;)

Kleptomania could be interesting, especially since I pay very little attention to the individual deeds of Sims in the HFH. I expect to just find a car in Kags' inventory someday.

Damn, you did a good job recreating me!

Although, I do have bright orange hair at the moment! :p

Something personal in my room...a book shelf of some kind. Or a computer. Or something totally hipster-gothish. :p

I love fluffy things...so if there's anything fluffy you could put in my room, that would be pretty true to life. :)
So it turns out there's a stuffed unicorn item, LITERALLY named "It's so Fluffy!". There is now one on your vanity, plus a blue couch, a butterfly wall decoration, and a full length mirror.

LittleSin has a small bookshelf next to a desk with a laptop and a pretty cool painting.

Bowielee got his bed moved to an opposite wall to fit in a TV, game console, and two easychairs.

I regret that the Sims engine was unable to fully recreate the awesomeness of Cynicism's 'chops.

I look forward to seeing how this turns out!

I regret that the Sims engine was unable to fully recreate the awesomeness of Cynicism's 'chops.

I look forward to seeing how this turns out!
Of all the people I made, he was the most disappointing. :( I just couldn't get his hair or beard right. Maybe if I had a better pic. Maybe I'll scour Facebook.[DOUBLEPOST=1352257856][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh yay!! That makes me so happy!! (Also, good call with the butterfly decoration - they're one of my favorite things.)
Oh and I was a liiiiiittle able to recreate your Alice costume as your formal wear and a Poison Ivy bathing suit one-piece. :) Hair colour's the same as your usual but I couldn't really fix that.

Jay figures the best way to immediately befriend his new roomies is to make some waffles for everyone.

Sammi's a little shy at first and while everyone starts socializing, she plays chess online.

Sorry Gusto, your moves aren't impressing Holly one bit. I love his expression. "Eh? EH!?"

Maybe Holly's just a little shy, she seems to open up a bit while playing video games with her sister Kags.

No one immediately flocks to his waffles, so Jay and Bowie begin a conversation about literature.

But Nick and Chris smell the waffles across the house and decide to carbo-load before their work out.

It just takes the right topics for Holly to open up. She enthusiastically discusses fine art with Gusto...

... and then Kags joins in for a conversation about space. Looks like Nick's stumbling on the treadmill while Chris isn't really sure how to work his machine at all.

figmentPez

Staff member
... and then Kags joins in for a conversation about space. Looks like Nick's stumbling on the treadmill while Chris isn't really sure how to work his machine at all.

That is clearly a talk about stardom, or about Bad Company. I'm not sure. Kags, do you think SimKags is a fan of classic rock?

Kags plays a few discordant notes the first night, but CK and Droll are too polite to boo her.

The next morning, CK is the first one up. He's gotta be out the door early for basic training.

Everyone else gets to enjoy a leisurely breakfast before going to work.

It ain't easy for an aspiring acrobat. Everyone's gotta start somewhere, and Nick opts to start behind the diner where Jay works, in an invisible box.

The artsy folk start on their first pieces.

Jay runs to catch his ride to the diner, where he starts in the dish pit. Droll finishes her workout and heads to her first shift as a professional athlete.

Having written half of her first book and earned a writing point, Holly registers with the city as a self-employed writer...

... and then shortly after hears the horror stories from Bowie's first day at the public school.

Droll and Bowie attmept to play a game of pool before bed but they're too tired to even finish. Dey work hard for de money.