Games on SALE!

figmentPez

Staff member
May's Prime Gaming has been revealed, and there's an improvement in the game quality. Notably:
  • May 2nd - Tomb Raider (2013, GOTY version) (GOG code)
  • May 2nd - LEGO Star Wars III The Clone Wars (GOG code)
  • May 9th - Fallout 3 GOTY (GOG code)
Not amazing offerings, since Tomb Raider has been free on both Steam and Epic, and Fallout 3 has been free on Epic (and regularly as cheap as $5), but still a big step up from the first few months of this year.

---

Meanwhile, over on the Epic Game Store: Cat Quest II and Orcs Must Die 3 are free right now.

--

Also, since May the 4th is coming up, Star Wars games are on sale pretty much everywhere. If there's anything Star Wars that you've been thinking about getting, check out Is There Any Deal? to see where the best price is.

That's a really solid bundle, but with each of those games taking easily a couple hundred hours to get anywhere near "completion" I'm trying to imagine the scenario where I'd ever want to buy both of them at the same time.

That's a really solid bundle, but with each of those games taking easily a couple hundred hours to get anywhere near "completion" I'm trying to imagine the scenario where I'd ever want to buy both of them at the same time.
Fair point. I’m not ready to disclose my total Monster Hunter World hours lol.

figmentPez

Staff member
Little Kitty, Big City

Aside from being rather short, this is a beautiful, happy game. The visual style, the humor, the animation, the sound design, everything about the look and aesthetic of the game are great. It's charming from start to finish, and full of cute little touches.

20240518212904_1.jpg
20240518214316_1.jpg
20240518214519_1.jpg
20240518214816_1.jpg
20240520035618_1.jpg
Little Kitty Big City _ got my mischief hat on.jpg

Took me a little shy of 4 hours to do 95% of the things to do in the game, while I was intentionally taking my time and being silly about things, and another 2.5 hours to grind out 100% of the achievements, some of which ask you to repeat the same task a lot.

Aside from wanting more to do, my only real complaint was broken Playstation controller support. It correctly detected my controller, and showed appropriate glyphs, but some key menus were broken while using it. Both the emotes and the fast travel map couldn't be controlled without enabling Steam Input, but that caused the vibration to occasionally get stuck on. Hopefully that will get fixed with a future patch, and in the meantime there are multiple work arounds. (Like temporarily using my mouse to use the fast travel. Or using Steam Input and turning that off and back on if the vibration glitched.)